Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dessert in Italy


As part of our ongoing commentary about some of the food we've had, I wanted to show you the two deserts above. The one on top is a rum cake we had at the B & B we stayed at in Sorrento. When I say rum cake, I mean RUM Cake. It was absolutely drenched in rum. I felt like my breath might catch on fire if I breathed to closely to the candle, but it still had a pleasant flavor to it.
The one below that is a Panna Cotta that we had at a resaurant just outside of Sorrento. It was very good; thick and creamy. The restaurant was a bit off the beaten path. Fortunately, they had a car that they sent to the hotel to pick us, and another couple up. The driver had to drive down a narrow alley (when I say narrow, I mean he had to fold his mirrors in...on a car the size of a Chevette), and up into the hills a bit. It was very nice, and had been opened in honor of Sophia Loren, a famous Italian actress.
As you can see, the deserts in Italy, are as bold and memorable as the people. - Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment