Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tiger Woods, eat your heart out.


Okay, maybe not. I should tell you that I am TERRIBLE at golf. I can, at best, hit the ball 30 feet. And that's only if I actually hit the ball and not the ground. But since we had a georgeous golf course at our disposal, we had to play. In the end, I'm glad Scott convinced me to play because we had a lot of fun and we had the entire course to ourselves.

Here is Scott golfing. He's much better than me and got par on a few of the holes. I only got par on the last one and that was by taking several mulligans. But my drive did get better by the end. I had to play the whole course with my 3 and 5 wood because those were the only two clubs that I could hit the ball with. I blame the clubs - the driver handle was WAY too long and unwieldly. And I see no use for the irons when the woods work just fine. But Scott insists that those clubs have a purpose. Whatever.
The view out the back window.
Another fantastic beer we discovered - Smithwick's.
The view of the back of the castle from a row boat we took out onto the lake. It was pretty choppy, but still fun.
GeoTagged, [N53.53480, E9.28394]
Us leaving the castle. We are very sad to leave, but it's time to head to Scotland. -Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment